- Indicative control of the soil in the construction site and, if necessary, drafting specifications for geological and geotechnical studies.
- Selection of the optimal materials for the static frame of construction after approval by the architect and in consultation with the project owners.
- Preliminary check and initial design of the bearing structure.
- After the initial design of the bearing structure is approved by the architect, the structural – anti seismic study is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- Design of construction drawings as well as three-dimensional representation of the bearing structure of the building.
- Preparation of all documents and construction details. Plus, the issue of the structural study for the issuance of a building permit.
- As soon as the construction begins, all the stages concerning the construction of the bearing structure of the building will be supervised. Construction work will continue only after the approval of the supervising engineer. A copy from the results of each surveillance will be sent to the project architect.
- Preliminary design of the mechanical facilities of the building including: the locations of the machine equipment, pipelines and their sizes, water supplies, distribution points and other key elements of the facilities likely to affect other elements of the project.
- Once the deliverables of the above stage have been approved by the architect and the client, the mechanical engineers will proceed with the preparation of the final studies which will include all the necessary information that needs to be submitted for the building permit.
- It is recommended to prepare bidding documents for the mechanical construction work of the project and to evaluate them accordingly.
- Meetings with the architect and project owners to analyze the specific needs of the project (specifications and machine equipment locations, special lighting requirements, distribution board locations, etc.).
- Meetings with the Electricity Authority of Cyprus (if needed) to determine the type of supply and routing of the cables (if the supply is underground).
- Study for the electrical facilities that will include:
- Separation of circuits – phases, lighting and power circuits.
- Detailed drawings of distribution boards, definition of the necessary protection means and the required cross section of the power cables based on the calculations required by the regulations.
- Study on various services:
- Data / computer network (structured cabling). Equipment specification (as required) and plans for the appropriate locations and piping for the installation of network points.
- Telephone and TV network distribution, plans for the appropriate locations and pipelines for the installation of points.
- Requesting bids, analyzing and evaluating bids and writing a report to the architect and the owner of the project.
- Supervision of the project that includes:
- Review and approval or rejection of the machinery and materials proposed by the contractor before beginning the electrical construction work of the project.
- Review and approval or rejection of the construction plans that the contractor will prepare before starting its premises.
- Periodic site visits for supervision purposes and/or meetings with all the involved parties.
- Issuance of payment certificates for contractor installations.
- Final inspection – installation testing, including:
- Insulation Resistance Testing
- Continuity testing
- Loop Tests
- RCD Tests
- carry out the measurements required by the Electricity Authority of Cyprus and fill in the necessary forms and tables for the issue of the suitability certificate for the installation and the electricity supply. These measurements should be made by the electrical engineer and installer for each circuit separately.